Tastiness. Stabbery. Other Things.: Thanksgiving feast

12.04.2006

Thanksgiving feast

I know that Thanksgiving is long past, and people are thinking about Christmas and beyond now, but I wanted to show what my good friend Alton Brown helped me do for Thanksgiving dinner. If you've seen his episode of Good Eats entitled "Romancing the Bird", then you know these recipes well. I brined this turkey and used the turkey triangle and everything! You must know that the cranberry dipping sauce is simply divine, I was eating it alone by the spoonful.

I am so skilled!

The pics were taken outside because it was warm enough to have dinner outside. Dumb Denver. I did things a little different from the recipes (click the pics for the links.) I didn't add anything sweet to the brine other than the brown sugar and changed the spices up a bit, and I omitted the maple syrup and replaced it with some sugar (to taste) because the only "maple syrup" we had was artificially maple flavored pancake syrup with butter flavoring...not to tasty sounding in my book! Plus I am actually afraid of maple syrup. Everything was awesome. I am still so skilled! The End!




1 Comments:

Blogger Shreyas said...

Hey the pictures and recipies are good thanks

SEO Services

2/05/2010 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home